If you're looking for a discreet and effective calendar for your desktop then Rainlendar might fit the bill. You can customize Rainlendar with skins and also merge different skins together. If you rely on Outlook, you'll appreciate the fact that Rainlendar integrates into the calendar so you can transfer appointments. Approaching events are shown in a separate list on Rainlendar where you can see the week's events in a glance. You can decide how many days in advance you want to see in the list and different events can be given a different appearance in the list so you can easily spot important events. The icons in the calendar are also available in the event list and other windows to make it easier to separate the events. You can also create a separate list for your long term tasks which can be arranged several ways so that you can keep it better organized.
- o Enabled the "Show in all desktops" setting in Mac (needed by Lion).
- o The due date for Google tasks changed to the previous day because of timezone conversion.
- o Newlines in the task description were not stored properly to Google tasks.
- o The Google calendar is only shown as the target if the events/tasks are actually read from the server.
- o Edit control was left visible when the window was hidden. This showed a small black dot on the desktop.